Tasha Yorozu, the founding partner, heads the corporate practice team at Yorozu Law Group with 14 years of experience serving domestic and multi-national corporate clients. She has significant experience in technology and media licensing, commercial transactions, M&A, strategic alliances, and employment law. Ms. Yorozu frequently advises corporations and their executives and in-house counsel on strategies to achieve the client’s business goals while minimizing legal risk.
Ms. Yorozu grew up in Kyoto and lived in the US for most of her professional life, providing her with the background to serve as outside general counsel to Japanese corporations with operations in the US. Because she can seamlessly navigate between Japanese and American corporate cultures, languages, and legal frameworks, she is able to negotiate deals and assist the client in accomplishing their business goals efficiently.
Ms. Yorozu is a regular contributor to Sports-J Magazine and Vivid Navigation Online Magazine, authoring monthly articles on topics including business issues that are of interest to executives and expatriates from Japan.
She has delivered numerous speeches and presentations, including “Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for Executives from Japan” (2010 and 2011), and “US Employment Laws and Case Studies that Managers from Japan Should Know” (2009). Her other presentation topics included: Understanding US-Style Contracts; Investment in the US; US Corporate Law and Compliance Issues that the Japan Headquarters Should Know; How to Effectively Negotiate with US Businesspeople; and How Managers Should Give Feedback to their Employees.
Corporate Transactions, Technology & Media Licensing, M&A, Strategic Alliances, Employment Law
Willamette University College of Law (JD)
Willamette University Atkinson Graduate School of Management (MBA)
Bryn Mawr College (BA in Economics)
- Negotiating and drafting commercial agreements. Ms. Yorozu’s experience in this area includes:
- Representing a publicly traded US communication chip developer and provider of software products in its high-risk, high-stakes negotiations with several of Japan’s leading corporations.
- Assisting a leading US engineering firm in its communication with a Japanese auto manufacturer.
- Representing a publicly traded Japanese electronics components manufacturer in its business negotiations and drafting of patent licensing agreement with a major German medical equipment manufacturer.
- Negotiating and drafting technology and media licensing agreements. Ms. Yorozu’s experience in this area includes representing:
- A major Japanese publisher and content holder in its negotiation with several US production companies.
- A Japanese mobile media/marketing company in its negotiation and drafting of license agreement with a US advertising agency.
- A prominent Japanese online auction platform provider in its license agreement with the largest US service provider in the US.
- Serving as Outside General Counsel to corporations headquartered in Japan with offices in the US.
- Clients in the areas of M&A and cross-border commercial transactions.
- A Japan-based internet media corporation in the sale of its Holland-based subsidiary to a Dutch corporation and the closure of its US-based subsidiary.
- A prominent Japanese auction platform provider in its asset acquisition and expansion in Silicon Valley.
- One of the oldest privately held Japanese printing and marketing corporations in its acquisition of a US printing company.
- A publicly traded Japanese electronics components manufacturer in its divestiture of its Mexican manufacturing plant to a US-based manufacture-operations corporation.
- A major Japanese life-science and bio technology corporation in its divestiture of assets to a Silicon Valley biotechnology company.
Yorozu Law Group provides legal expertise and strategic counseling to multi-national businesses in the areas of corporate law, licensing and commercial transactions, business acquisitions and strategic alliances, and employment law. Our firm also provides extensive services in estate planning and administration to individuals and families with both domestic and cross-border concerns. We build long-lasting relationships with clients because we: (1) provide sophisticated and practical legal solutions through our in-depth knowledge of domestic and international laws, legal systems, and cultures; (2) ensure timely and personalized service by leveraging a highly collaborative team of professionals who speak the language of the individuals, executives, and managers we serve; and (3) help achieve individual and business goals through strategic and cost-effective counsel and services.
If you have questions about our services, we would be happy to discuss how we can be of assistance. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415.707.5000.